University of Nebraska at Kearney
The University of Nebraska at Kearney is a public, residential university committed to be one of the nation’s premier undergraduate institutions with excellent graduate education, scholarship, and public service.
The University of Nebraska at Kearney will achieve national distinction for a high quality, multidimensional learning environment, engagement with community and public interests, and preparation of students to lead responsible and productive lives in a democratic, multicultural society.
Key to such improvement will be: clear focus on mission imperatives, fidelity to historic core values, and continuous and rigorous self-appraisal or assessment of outcomes.
- 5,274 undergraduate students and 1,628 graduate students.
- Students come to UNK from 91 of the 93 Nebraska counties, all 50 states including the District of Columbia, and over 50 foreign countries.
- 322 full-time and 117 part-time faculty.
- 99% of full-time faculty teach undergraduate courses, generating 88% of the credit hours at UNK.
- More than 76% of full-time faculty have the highest degrees in their fields.
- Student/faculty ratio: 18.9 to 1.
- UNK offers 120 undergraduate majors, 22 pre-professional programs, and 27 graduate programs.
- Each year, the UNK Honors Program accepts more than 120 freshmen based on a minimum top 25% class rank, a minimum 27 ACT score, letters of reference, extracurricular accomplishments, and essays. At present, there are 550 students in the Honors Program.
- UNK’s undergraduate research program is a national model. Campus programs support students working one-on-one with professors to conduct original research and creative projects. Over 30% of UNK students do research outside of class and present their projects at academic conferences.
- UNK is the only campus in Nebraska to participate in the National Student Exchange that allows students to attend one of 175 other universities or colleges across the continent for a semester or a year, often at UNK tuition rates.
- Many UNK programs have a job placement rate that’s almost 100%, including Accounting, Athletic Training, Education (particularly those with endorsements in Biology, Chemistry, Language Arts, Math, Music, Physics, and Special Education), Cyber Systems, Graphic Arts, Industrial Technology, School Psychology, and Speech-Language Pathology.
- 20% of all certified staff in schools and ESUs across the state of Nebraska have at least one degree from UNK. Almost 43% of all school Superintendents and approximately 30% of all Principals in the state of Nebraska are UNK graduates. Approximately 36% of all School Psychologists and 54% of all ESU School Psychologists in the state of Nebraska are UNK graduates. 21% of all School Counselors in Nebraska are UNK alumni. Approximately 33% of all Speech-Language Pathologists in Nebraska are UNK graduates.
- Many UNK graduates become administrative leaders in both the public and private sectors of the state and the nation. Others go on to successfully apply to medical, law, and other professional and graduate schools across the country.
Requirements: TOEFL:79, IELTS: 6.5—-WES Require
Deadline: Fall: May15, Spring: Oct15, Summer: 15 Feb
ARTS & SCIENCES
The College of Arts & Sciences is the intellectual foundation of the University of Nebraska at Kearney, offering students a top-notch liberal arts education in the humanities, social sciences and sciences.
Art & Design
Mathematics & Statistics
Physics, Astronomy, and Engineering
Women’s, Gender, and Ethnic Studies
BUSINESS & TECHNOLOGY
Experiential hands-on learning is a big focus of the College of Business and Technology. Students gain knowledge in the classroom and experience in the field. Here you will find a variety of programs that lead to professional careers:
Business Administration Online
Cyber Security Operations
Information Networking & Telecommunications
Interior & Product Design
Secondary Business Teacher Ed.
Supply Chain Management
UNK is a leading university for teacher education. Our mission is to prepare, inspire, and support students to become caring, reflective, and competent professionals in a democratic, multicultural society. The technology-rich COE building is home to many outstanding programs.
Early Childhood Inclusive Program
Counseling & School Psychology
Kinesiology & Sports Sciences