Applied Computer Science
The Applied Computer Science program offers a broad range of courses in theoretical computer science, software construction, data analytics, cloud computing, emerging and converging technologies and many more, which provide the much-needed opportunity for the development of a high degree of specialization and critical experience as computer professionals.
Applied Computer Science Students will…
- Master the knowledge of the most up-to-date technologies
- Use a wide array of technical skills to develop software applications that demand performance, reliability, and safety standards
- Engage in primary and secondary research
- Develop critical reasoning and technical writing skills
- Develop professional presentation skills
- Practice hands-on exposure to a variety of computer systems, tools, and techniques
- Receive excellent preparation for seeking careers in software-related computing fields
- There are most demanding and rewarding careers in the computing field
- New computer science graduates enjoy a hefty salary with a median base pay of $70,000/year. ~ glassdoor.com
- The job outlook for software developers is expected to grow 24 percent from 2016 to 2026. ~ U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- The number of job openings for computer science graduates will outpace the number of graduates through 2024. ~ New York Times, November 2017