Energy engineering or Energy Systems Engineering is a broad field of engineering dealing with energy efficiency, energy services, facility management, plant engineering, environmental compliance, sustainable energy and renewable energy technologies.
Energy Engineering program structure
- Energy resource characteristics.
- Engineering design and practice.
- Engineering principles and analysis.
- Sustainable and renewable energies.
- Fossil fuels.
- Distribution and storage systems.
- Mathematics for energy engineering.
This shift in the energy landscape is creating huge opportunities for the budding energy engineer. And regardless of the technology used to generate and store energy, there is a growing need to create systems that make efficient use of energy, meaning energy engineer will always be in high demand.