Structural engineering is the field of engineering that deals with the structural integrity and strength of a building or structure. Structural engineering is a specialty of civil engineering that ensures the structures are safe, stable and don’t collapse under applied loads
Structural Engineering subjects
- Computer-Aided Design of Structures.
- Computer Analysis of Structures.
- Storage and Industrial Structures.
- Analysis and Design of Sandwich Panels.
- Design of Earthquake Resistant Structures.
- Design of Machine Foundation.
- Prestressed Concrete Structures.
- Forensic Civil Engineering.
Structural Engineering career
What is the job outlook for structural engineers? According to The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the field of civil engineering, where structural engineers work, should keep growing between 6% and 20% annually for the next decade.